Why Every Brick and Mortar Business Needs a Google Listing
Listen To The Article
Google is the #1 search engine in the world and we are constantly growing it!
It's only a matter of seconds before someone will pick up their phone or laptop, go on Google Search, and find your business.
Here Are The Numbers:
- Over 1.1 billion people are using Google as a means of gaining information and knowledge and that started in 2012!*
- 62% of people use Google to find businesses every single day.*
- 2 out of 3 people want businesses to have Google Street View "See Inside" virtual tours.*
Request FREE information right now!
The Bottom Line
Your Google listing is one of the first things people see when they are looking for a trusted business. Imagine this. A baby looks for comfort in a parent to provide it with life and basic needs like food and shelter. Shoppers are the same way. They want a business that they can trust and it all starts with your Google listing or your digital impression to the world.
Here are 10 necessary steps you can take right now to make sure you're on the right track to being relevant in today's digital playground:
- Turn on your computer and set up a Facebook business page.
- Get Google listed using Google My Business here: Google My Business Page Set Up
- Take some pictures with your phone of your business and post it on Google My Business and Facebook once everything is set up.
- Create a website. In today's age, if you don't have a website you are not a business. Get one done with Squarespace or WordPress or contact us to build you one!
- Start recording videos of your business, your customers' experience, your space, your brand, and anything else you think is important.
- Start taking consistent pictures of your business and customer interaction.
- Make it a normal part of your day to blog and write on your social media pages. 5 minutes a day goes a long way!
- Great, now that you have all of your pictures and videos, create a YouTube account.
- Upload your YouTube videos and share them on your Facebook and website and make sure you take advantage of all YouTube's tools, like cards, annotations, and more.
- ALWAYS LINK YOUR CONTENT BACK TO YOUR SITE!
This is the most basic and fastest way to get your business started on its digital footprint!
Now that you've graduated...what is the next step?
Google Street View photos of the inside of your business. Google Street View for business is the best way to explain your space in the digital realm. Your customers are hungry for information about your business before they make the commitment to come and it's your responsibility to deliver all that you can. Google Street View allows 6X more engagement and higher impression ratings across Google where over 80% of people are searching. It is said that over 1.1 billion people use Google to find businesses like yours and they are doing it right now!
Share your thoughts on Google's Knowledge Graph in the comments below!
Learn More, Watch The Videos
Share this post!